What election means to me? . While for the country election is an indication of "preserved democratic nation", an important time to see determine the fate of country, a time when Malaysian decide their own future etc etc (You can find the same thing in Pengajian Am in form 6 textbook), it doesn't really bother me much. First of all, I am still underage to vote, secondly I found out it is a nuisance for me to remember the politician names which is almost alike. Election, well just a spice of this monotonous day. For example, seeing a lot of colors such as blue, green, white etc etc can really cheer your heart up. And especially when Selangor is a boring city with a minimum sense of fashion, decorating it with colorful banner can really make a difference. I would like to touch about election a little bit (I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT POLITICS AS I AM STILL A STUDENT and I SUPPOSED to know NOTHING about politics.)
Election is quite a weird phenomena. Firstly, you will never able to predict when there is an election. Since last year people around my working place keep saying election coming etc etc and as far my memories can remember, I have seen lots of so called "politics analysis" saying that general election will be held in last year because of etc etc etc and I really thought election had already over (I dunno election is being delayed during that time) until i see the newspaper again this year (WHAT!!! ELECTION THIS YEAR???) and some more election is right after the chinese new year (and my mid term test also.)
Usually the number 3 and 8 doesn't not really pose a meaning. In Chinese, 38 refers to people that is busybody and nuisance. However, it has a new meaning now. Election has somehow make a justification to the number 38 because when we mention 38, people will remember election instead of the meaning" busybody and nuisance". In a sense, election has glorified the number 38. (come to think about it, the election day is decided on 8 march...Is this just an coincidence or it is purposely arranged at 8 March to indicate a meaning? ) Well, i hope u get what i mean...
Environmentalists should have commented on the election phenomena. Why? Just imagine how many trees are cut down to make banners for election and how many clean fields and garden were decorated by this banners. Some more, plastics banners are not recyclable and I wonder how are they going to settle the plastic banners (burn it and more carcinogenic fumes are produced). Not to mention those banners are not really a pleasant in eye. For example, the used to clean football field is full of those unknown banners. And according to my previous experience, not all banners are removed after election is over. Believe me, you can still see the colorless dirty banner with the world vote me 3 months after the election.
Besides that, banners are not really that pleasant in eye. Firstly, it might be attractive because it is colorful. However, after a few rains, the colorful banner will turn to nothing but a piece of crumpled plastic. And imagine how many crumpled plastics you see when you walked pass the park, the field, the bus stop etc etc. Besides that, i feel kind of bored after looking the same face, the same crescent moon, the same scale every time...I really recommended them to change their logo colors such as red, yellow, and orange. It will cheer the whole city up.
Like football fever, you can see election around your corner. It is still far away, but you can feel its presence around, just like the FIFA and EPL. You opened the TV news, and you will see lots of familiar yet unknown term such as (xx amount of seat in xx area with a majority of xx). It looks like you are having a statistic class...The same things happen to newspaper also. Instead of seeing murder,robbing and criminal issues, you will see lots of thing such as PM vision, XX candidate on XX district, strategies of a part etc etc(Like Sun Tzu art of war). Even the usual commercial ads were filled with the VOTE ME ads.......( Now I cannot keep track with DIGI latest package thanks to it.)
Even in schools, the atmosphere has really changed. For example, our principal discourage us not to conduct any activities or join any other outside school activities because of ...you know why. Even when I attended the Chap Goh Mei celebration, there are politicians that wished us a happy CNY ( and also happy voting me). It really ruined the celebration somehow.
This is the norms you can notice every election and it will repeat again 4 years or 5 years later. Well, it is ok with me but just.......NO election during CNY...........
4 comments:
tuuuuuuuuuuuut........
tuuuuuttttttt tuuuuuuttt!! XD
Found you!
tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttt
(high tone)
tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttt
(low tone)
tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttt
(together)
tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttt!!
whats up with ur guys. Ntg to say except tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuting me......
Post a Comment