Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Uni...

One hour later, I'm going to submit the dreaded form that asked my uni choice...the choice that will change my life in US, or even, my life as a whole.

Flashback...

3 weeks ago, my friends in Ipoh were facing the dilemma like me. Slightly different though, they are choosing which local Uni to go for their course...

Frankly admit, their decision-making should be easier. They had 8 choices, and only around 20 unis to choose.

Yet, I believe they had been discussing which uni to go, for around...weeks and doing research around...

There's one particular conversation I remember

Friend A: What Uni to choose le?

Friend B: Why don't we ask Jin Khang le? He's going US. Perhaps he had idea? After all, he also had to choose uni among the hundreds university in US.

Friend A: Jin Khang, what uni u go?

JK: Minnesota Kua

Friend: Why choose that Uni?

JK: ......Dunno le. Cuz not bad kua

Frannkly admit, I had not done any research for my uni choice (except for rank-checking). And now only I know Minnesota and Wisconsin are COLD COLD COLD state while Texas is a HOT HOT HOT state.

And I am completely speechless when my friend asked "why choose that uni."

Actually, I chose minnesota and wisconsin becuz...

flashback...

One year ago, the night before SAT

FY: If you wanted the test center to send score to your uni for free, you must tell them which uni you wanted to send by tonight.

JK: Huh??? But I am clueless on what Uni to go to begin with

FY: You have to tell the SAT testcenter by tonight. If not, u have to pay for the delivery fee

JK:OMGWTFSTFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And on that night, I rushed to the nearest CC to input the Uni-s name I wanted to go. I remembered my roommate was applying to Northwestern, and I stumbled the name "Minnesota" on OSSP at that day and I somehow remember FY wrote "purdue" for her uni choice.

I had no other idea what Uni might be elligible for me, so my choice for uni during that time...

-Minnesota, purdue, northwestern

And turned out that Northwestern was too high class, and purdue kicked mechanical engineering....

I made the decision to go Uni of wisconsin on a similar manner, during the time when we had to submit our three choice of uni to OSSP.

And I made the decision to go Uni of Texas after knowing UiUC kicked me out, and there's 2 week before all Uni reached deadline...

Haiz,,,

All my uni choice were made on haste...

Just hope that there's no mistake made......

3 comments:

Ahmad Azizi Jamaludin said...

same here~~~
i'm full with tension, as the decision might cost me my future...

Liz said...

hear hear! =)

Liz said...

hear hear! =)