For all camera lovers, I have a story to tell. But beware; don’t proceed on looking this post if you have no-resistance to spooky stories, especially people that have great imagination and would probably have a nightmare from than night week. Worst, you might feel something strange with your dear camera that you used to hold.
The story is not that spooky, but you have been warned. If you decided to sue me, or blame me after that, I would pay no responsibility. Then again, you have been warned. But the story is not that spooky actually, unless…you’re the main character…
Sorry to say, but I didn’t have any “extraordinary” encounter yet. It’s just that, I played a series of game, and the game really spooks me. It send a cold chill to me, even with the mention of it and for your information, the game is named “FATAL FRAME.”
When firstly camera was invented, there are some people that refused to be taken picture by camera, as rumor during that time said; your soul will be trapped the moment the camera is snapped… Of course, it is a senseless rumor, but this game is designed and based on this rumor.
……
Long time ago, there was a village called the “All God’s Village”. It is said that there’s a great evil resides in the core of the village, and to suppress it, a ritual must be done to appease the evil within.
The ritual is, a twin will be caught at the sacrificial ground, and both twins have to kill each other by holding their neck, until one of them is dead. Then, the dead sister would be sacrificed, while the other survived.
And one of the twins that are chosen for the ritual are named Sae And Yae. Both of them tried to escape from the ritual, however, in the last minute, Yae was able to escaped alone with a guy called Mitsuki, leaving Sae behind before the sacrificial ceremony starts. The unlucky Sae was caught to the ceremonial site. However, during the ritual, she went berserk all of sudden, and the whole people in the village was killed, and the village since then, vanished.
It all started with this line, “we will always be together, forever…”
Two twin sisters, Mayu and Mio played in a small stream near a forest, when suddenly, Mayu, the elder sister chased a crimson butterfly that flew past her, she kept run, with her sister, Mio, chasing the Mayu which has a weird obsession on that butterfly.
They reached the All God’s Village, the village with a spooky past…and they cannot find their way out.
The twin decided to explore around the village and on one occasion, she disappeared with the dead spirit of the villagers. Since then, miss Mio had to bear the quest to find her elder sister, and save her, but with herself trapped in this mystic-village, with those vengeful spirit waiting to take her life.
And your role is too control the pitiful Mio.
(just some grumble) Mind you, this game is quite realistic in one sense, as no punch and kick will deal damage to those “beings”, nor do the girl has special power (she could be the clumsiest character I played…) , or light saber, pistol or whatever you think. And her trump card to survive is the…tata, the camera which is designed to trap the souls of the dead, called the camera Obscura. When you battle using this camera, you have to adjust your camera to the spirit (like you use a real camera, but no need to adjust brightness though), and take a picture. (Say Cheese). But, to deal tons of damage, you have to wait when the spirit approaches and SNAP just before the bloody claw touches the little Mio. (That explains why my camera skill improved, I had done a lot of practice in the game, and you might be just be…somehow, lolz). And those spirits could passed through any wall, and give you bloody chilly touch that made Mio screamed! The game difficulty was set to easy, but I have trouble to finish the game. Perhaps, I have to worry whether something would appear when I played (gasp, I don’t have a camera).
Continue to story…
By one chance, Mio was told by Mitsuki that Mayu was caught to the sacrificial ground to perform the ritual, and Mio has to rescue her before the ritual is done. She had to prevent the tragedy that lands to the twins landed on her sister. And obvious, Sae is behind all this.
When Mio finally eventually encountered Sae, she saw the past and the bloody history that mingle between them.
And, you know what’s the ending? I don’t mean to spoil the game, so any people that is playing on the game can kindly close now. ( But bet all of you would either uninterested, or scared to death, let me spoil the ending.)
Mio slay and cut ( or should say, SNAP) Sae into few pieces, and rescue Mayu from the village, live happily ever after.
If this is the ending, I would have say “ Ceh, expected,” and satisfied for finishing this horror game.
But instead, I scolded WTF for half an hour after seeing the ending.
Sae is not killed, and twins meet each other. Suddenly, the scene of the sacrifices once again appeared, the scene of Sae and Mae flashed, and Mio, uncontrollably wretched Mayu’s neck to her death…
When Mio was conscious on what she do, she cried, and suddenly something happened. The bruise on neck turned into a crimson butterfly, and Mio chased the crimson butterfly until one spot, when she saw lots of crimson butterfly there, the souls of the twins that died from the sacrifice.
In the end, Mio sat in the bench alone, with a red-butterfly like scar on her neck, and Mio’s last sentence is…
We would always be together, forever………
This is the game…fatal frame II- Crimson butterfly.
I swear that I won’t play any kind of this horror game. I have been scared to death, playing this kind of game at midnight, in the dining hall. I must have some nerve to do that, until…I stumbled on another series of the game.
Fatal Frame III – the tormented.
Rei Amakura, the main character of the story, is a reporter that reports about the strange event happened around. She suffered from her boyfriend’s death, named Yuu, and Yuu’s death was somehow related to Rei. Since then, she suffered from the trauma, and on one occasion, she knew about the research that Yuu had been doing- The Manor of Sleep.
It is said that in the Manor of Sleep, you would see your beloved dead person there. However, if you decide to chase, you could have found yourself missing in the manor forever. The location of the Manor was still a mystery, like the All God Village in 2n series.
Since then, Rei dreamt about the manor, and she saw Yuu inside the Manor, however, when she wanted to find Yuu, she was assaulted by a mysterious girl, and a scar was left on her shoulder.
Just when Rei woke up and found out that it’s just a dream, she saw the scar, expanding day by day on the shoulder.
On one dream, she stumbled a girl named Yoshida, the only survivor of a plane crash, and she keep muttering the sentence.
If only I didn’t survive. I should have never lived.
Rei decided to pay a visit to Yoshida in hospital, and the unconscious Yoshida was suddenly covered with unknown scar, and disappeared…
Meanwhile, Kei, the cousin of Mio (the girl on the crimson butterfly series) had been worrying on Mio, for she has always blamed herself since the incident. During one time, Mio landed on a deep sleep, and Kei discovered the lost Mio in his dream, in the Manor of Sleep.
What would happen to Rei? Who’s the girl that assaulted Rei? And what would happened on Mio and Kei? I had been eagerly wanted to know, but I can’t, for the game is too scary to be played alone at night, the music is spooky, the background, everything… = = On one time,I played the game and throw the joystick 15mins later, for my hand already shivered. I even resist the temptation to shout “AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!”
But believe me, once I have nothing to play to, I would enjoy scaring myself, and play this game. Cuz, I want to know the ending.
But right now, nah, give me a break.
6 comments:
I try to follow your description to understand what the game is all about; however, all my attempts are in vain.
I think I will have to play the game before I can truly understand the story line.
soory, it is too long
but dun play this game
it's the spookiest game ever
spookiest game ever? bet u haven't try silent hill 4 or silent hill origin=)
lol. that's the game u've been using to scare me right? it seems rather interesting though.
if i can get someone to teman me play, i'd play it. it sounds cool. though the ending is really wtf, i gotta give you that.
that ending screws the entire purpose of playing the game =.=" i play all the way to save Mayu just to kill her with my own hand???
sucks.
Silent hill 4 is different
It is more like violence type horror game.
But believe me, try that game = =
okay. i just bought it! i'm gonna try it TONIGHT! hahahahahaha
Post a Comment